Friday, April 29, 2011

Show Your Toolbar Challenge

Hmmmm.  That title has slightly inappropriate connotations I didn't intend....

Anyway, this post from Doug Johnson happened to coincide with my own realization that the bookmarks in my toolbar, which are supposed to be there for quick access, have grown completely out of control, and got me thinking about the side effects of the information/communication age.  Which also coincides with a link Buffy Hamilton provided the other day.  All of that will lead to a more serious and reflective post later, but in the meantime...

Back when I first started blogging, I remember responding to one of Doug's memes: post a picture of your computer desktop.

I'm now offering my own challenge:  Post a picture of your toolbar, and put the link in the comments.  Here is mine (highlighted in green).  As you can see, it goes completely off the browser, having to extend into a pop-up window.  In fact, (and I was amused/horrified when I saw this) note the little arrow at the bottom of the pop-up window, indicating there is even more.  As you can guess, the drive to organize we  librarians are supposed to have is  not one of my strong points....

No comments:

Post a Comment