Friday, September 24, 2010

Assessing Student Research Readiness

I'm taking Michele Luhtala's Emerging Technologies class on EdWeb.  She recently shared the Google Forms assessment she uses with her students.  I had been thinking about doing something similar, both as a way to better help students and to document the library program. Ever a believer in not re-inventing the wheel, I somewhat modified her form to my own purposes.

I'll use this both for the MYP personal project students AND the DP extended essays, but, really, it works with any extended research project, and is a great way to tell if students are actually ready to start the process, or if they are floundering.  It allows librarians to target specifically those students who need more help.

Send me your email if you'd like to make an editable copy of this for your own use, though I made it public, so you should be able to add it to your own Google docs.

The link above sends you to the spreadsheet. Here's how it looks as a form.

2 comments:

  1. Jeri,

    Is this form a publicly accessible template in Google Docs? If not, it should be.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure is! I added that to the post, in fact. Should have said that to begin with! : )

    ReplyDelete