Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Library Website

UPDATE:  Fixed the link to the website.  It helps immeasurably if you type the URL in correctly! 

I have the basics of the new library website up and running.  You can see it here.

I'm still working on getting admin to let me create a Facebook page for the library.  Think I'll build it without publishing it, and let them see it.

I wanted to embed a google calendar to display the library schedule, but apparently you can't do that with Wordpress.  There are a LOT of things you can't do with Wordpress--like a GoodReads bookshelf. I had to settle for a Flicker feed instead.

It's obviously still a work in progress--aren't websites always?--I'll add a page to display student work, add video tutorials, etc.

If anyone has other ideas for useful, interactive ideas to add, post a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment