Saturday, July 19, 2008

Combat Duty at the Westport Library

Every summer, the Westport Public Library has a HUGE book sale to raise funds. This is the first year I've gone. I foolishly had visions of leisurely browsing through books among crowds of civilized book enthusiasts.

Someone should have told me to wear combat gear.

I was there for the opening doors, planning to head for the much-advertised Greenwood Press offerings. Well. People were thronging around the rack--grabbing everything they could see without even looking at it. I was getting jostled left and right, reached to grab a book and a NUN pushed me out of the way!

Was able to pick up three HUGE boxes of books for only $250, though. And even grabbed a few of the Greenwood Press ones before they entirely disappeared!

No comments:

Post a Comment